What Types of Properties do you Manage?
Nabo Property Management focuses on Single family residential, Multi-family residential and commercial spaces.
How do I begin working with Nabo Property Management?
If you are considering renting out a property or enlisting the assistance of Nabo Property Management for your current investment properties, the first thing to do is to reach out to us to discuss the property and your goals as the Owner. We have over a decade of management experience in Athens and surrounding areas, and we are happy to offer advice on market pricing and trends. In that outreach, it is helpful for you to provide us the following (if applicable):
- Current information on the property, including any upgrades or recent renovations.
- If the property is currently leased, we will need a copy of the current/future tenant’s lease and the rent roll for the past 12 months.
- When possible, a meeting at the property is ideal to assist in evaluating property conditions.
What additional information will I need to provide as an owner?
- Utility and Appliance Information Form. This allows us to market features of the property, inform tenants of utility costs and expedite some types of repairs.
- Lead Based Paint Disclosure. We require owners of all properties built prior to 1978 to complete a Lead Based Paint Disclosure for the property.
- W9 tax form. All owners must provide a W9 to be on file prior to sending your first disbursement.
- If the property is currently leased, you will need to provide tenant contact information and any security deposits that are being held.
- Keys. You will need to provide a full set of keys to the property.
How soon can NPM start managing my property and how long will it take to lease?
Depending on the time of year and the amount of work needed at the property, we can typically get a vacant, move-in ready property on-boarded and advertised in less than 10 days. If it is a larger portfolio, tenant occupied or work is needed to make it move-in ready, it could be longer.
It typically takes 30 days to lease a property. However, that is dependent on the type of property, current condition and time of year.
Do I need to allow pets in my property?
No, but we highly recommend that you consider this option. NPM requires all tenants with pets to pay a $250 non-refundable Pet Fee prior to move-in. Many prospective tenants have dogs or cats and properties that do not allow pets may take longer to lease.
What is my involvement with the tenants?
As the owner, you will have no direct involvement with the tenants. NPM accepts applications for the property, attends all prospective tenant showings, vets applications, signs leases and manages all maintenance requests.
When do Owners Receive their Funds?
NPM works to disburse funds no later than the 12th of each month. Owners may select to have their payments Direct Deposited into their accounts or we can mail a check. Should a current or new tenant make a payment after the 12th, those funds will be disbursed in the following month.